Feb 8, 2021 – The 25 student companies supported by the Citi Foundation and Citi Indonesia participated in an online Youth Entrepreneur Camp beginning Friday 5th February and ending on Sunday afternoon, 7th February. The first time that such an event, involving more than 400 beneficiaries and many mentors and guest speakers, has been held here in Indonesia. All of the team at PJI were very happy with the commitment of the students online. They remained engaged throughout the event and, judging by the number of questions, were committed to make the most of the opportunity to learn and apply new knowledge and strategies to the online operations of their own business enterprises. Students learnt from business specialists delivering material with a focus on digital literacy and, in particular, digital marketing. It is important to ensure that these youth make the most of a digital approach to their business operation during the time of Covid-19. Online marketing and sales are important considerations as companies attempt to discern customers and design appropriate strategies to reach them. The following volunteers or trainers from the world of business contributed to the learning experience.
1. Puni A. Anjungsari – Country Head of Corporate Affairs, Citi Indonesia
2. Gazan Azka Ghafara – Owner & CEO Zanana Chips
3. Rizqi Mulyantara – CEO DigiTiket
4. Pratiwi Dian Rosani – Marketing Manager, Danone Specialized Nutrition Indonesia
5. Nanang Siswanto – CMO Argo Asia Network
6. Rono Jatmiko – Facebook Community Trainer
7. Niko Atmadja – Facebook Community Trainer
8. Elias Marendra – Creative Director, Zeno Indonesia
9. Bambang Reza – Corporate Media/Digital Marketing PT Cussons
We would like to thank these fantastic volunteers and also the alumni from recent years engagement who have been involved in motivating this new generation of young entrepreneurs. We are sure that the students from Jakarta, Bandung, Semarang, Surabaya/Sidoarjo, and Denpasar representing 25 schools achieved significant benefit from this event. They are now more prepared to advance their business operation over the next six months. Great to also have the supportive teachers involved and learning along with the students.